Star Wars Battlefront Free Content and Season Pass Details
Publishing giant Electronic Arts has finally released details about Star Wars Battlefront’s upcoming free content updates that will be dropping January 27th with more scattered throughout Q1. In addition to the free content news, EA also shed some light on what fans of the Battlefront series can expect in terms of paid content updates. Before the game launched it was well-known that developer Dice and publisher EA planned to add content to their game in a sequence of expansions and content updates. While much of the detail was unknown until now, it was understood that players could purchase a Season Pass to secure access to paid content updates in the future.
The upcoming free content updates (similar to the previous Battle of Jakku release) will provide players with content that includes new maps (both multiplayer and missions), the introduction of Private Matches, new Hero outfits, and more. Details of tomorrow’s Battlefront update can be found below.
January 27th Star Wars Battlefront Update:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth
- Create private matches to make playing with friends even easier (No server browser yet!?)
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. (Stay tuned for more news on Daily Challenges and Community Events coming soon!)
- Balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes (RIP DL-44)
February will bring yet another free content update to Star Wars Battlefront. With it, players will see a new Survival mission on Hoth and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that will support the larger game modes (Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point). Also in the February update, players will finally be able to play the Turning Point game mode (introduced in the Battle of Jakku DLC) on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy.
March will bring a new multiplayer map featuring the planet Endor and will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point. Last but not least, March will also see an additional Tatooine Survival map.
Early 2016 will be breathing some much needed life into Star Wars Battlefront, which has seen its PC player base drop dramatically since release: SWBStats
As promised, EA also gave details surrounding the much-anticipated (maligned?) paid-content updates that will come steadily through 2017. Players can expect new maps and modes, Heroes, weapons, and more with each of the paid-content updates; details below.
Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass Details:
- Star Wars Battlefront: Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars Battlefront: Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars Battlefront: Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars Battlefront: Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months